I don’t care who you are or where you’re from…fries are SO good. Fries with a little extra flavour and a dipping sauce? Winner. So whenever we’re feeling like we need a little side to something (usually for burgers) I love making our own fries, and I especially love sneaking a couple while I’m in the kitchen before I put them on plates.
Try this recipe out this weekend and I guarantee you’ll be the most popular wife, husband, dad, mom or friend out there.
- 3 russet potatoes, washed and chopped into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 5 tsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Chop your potatoes into wedges or fries and place in a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl combine salt, garlic salt and pepper and mix together
- Drizzle olive oil over the fries and toss, coating evenly. Once coated shake about half of your spice mixture onto the fries and toss, repeat until spice mixture is gone.
- Add 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and toss, add remaining cheese and toss again, place on a cooking sheet and space out (don’t crowd your pan or your fries will be soggy!)
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. I like to check m one half way through to see if any need flipping.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, lemon, garlic and parsley stir together and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Pile fries high on your place and sprinkle with a bit of parmesan and dig in!