While winter this year wasn’t particularly bad, it still feels like it’s been long. And even though I’m sure we’ll get some more snow before it’s actually spring for real, we have had some awesome warm sunny days.
After lots and lots of hearty, warm, winter meals it’s time to lighten it up, and this sandwich is the PERFECT way to add some freshness into your life…
- Fresh bread, lightly toasted
- Hard boiled eggs
- 3 tsp mayo
- 2 tsp garlic sriracha
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place bacon on a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. One the oven is hot, cook for 12 minutes, remove and drain on paper towel.
- Hard boil your eggs. OKAY there is a secret to perfectly boiled eggs. Put your eggs in a pot of salted water and bring it to a boil (that’s right…do NOT boil your water and then drop those eggs in there.) Once the water is boiling boil the egg for one minute, cover and remove from heat letting it sit for 12 minutes. Remove and cool and then peel and slice your egg.
- While your bread toasts, mix mayo and garlic sriracha together, spread on top of bread once toasted to your liking.
- Slice avocado and put it on bread along with bacon and sliced eggs. Top eggs with salt and pepper.