It’s been cold the last few days, minus 30 degrees cold, which makes sense since it’s February in Canada. We took the pup for a long walk yesterday and when we got home we decided we needed soup, this quick recipe is super easy and ready in about 45 minutes.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, cleaned and chopped
- 4 carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 32 oz (one box) chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup egg noodles
- In a hot soup pot drizzle olive oil and add onions, add parsley, 1/2 cup of water and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken, carrots, celery, water and stock and bring to a boil. Once boiled reduce to a low-mid heat and cover, cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from pot and shred, add back into pot and add egg noodles and 1/2 cup of water and cook until noodles are done. Add in salt and pepper to taste and serve!