Something about oatmeal cookies always makes me think about being warm and cozy, so when I was trying to think of something special to make for my Valentine, this was it!
Now I am not a HUGE lover of butterscotch, but the boy is, so we usually have butterscotch chips in the house, they made the perfect substitution for chocolate chips and I added some walnuts for crunch.
They’re didn’t take too long to make at all and the result is soft, chewy, delicious cookies that will make your Valentine fall in love with you all over again. So if you’re thinking about doing some baking this weekend this is definitely the recipe for you to try.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, soften butter (do not melt it! Just warm it enough so that it is soft enough to stir). Once softened stir in granulated sugar and then brown sugar and cream together. Add vanilla extract, egg and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add oats to wet mixture and stir together well until completely combined, ad baking soda, flour and salt and mix well.
- Add in butterscotch chips and walnuts. Use a spoon and drop little piles onto a non-stick cookie sheet. I like to make my cookies a bit bigger so I like for my piles to be about an inch thick and an inch and a half wide.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, remove and let cool on cookies sheets. Serve with a glass of cold milk and a kiss!