I have to admit I did not know how substituting cauliflower for rice would go. Straight up, I was full on prepared to hate it. So I was super excited when it turned out so so good, and I have to say…less fuss than rice.
It’s SUPER easy, all you need is a food processor and a frying pan and all it takes is about 20 minutes. This is SUCH a good quick healthy weeknight dinner for you and your fam!
- Boneless pork chops
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- Sesame oil
- Season your pork with a rub (we used Weber Honey Garlic Rub), let sit for 5 minutes and then grill on a hot bbq, about 8 minutes each side (depending on thickness)
- Remove stem from cauliflower and rough chop into chunks. Use the grate blade on your food processor and feed the cauliflower through it, turning it into the fine rice texture.*
NOTE* If you don’t have a food processor you can use a cheese grater, but be careful of your fingers!
- Put about 1 tbsp of sesame oil into a hot frying pan and add onions and green pepper, cook for about 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add in shredded cauliflower and peas and mix together.
- Add teriyaki and soy sauce, stir and cover pan for 5 minutes to steam.
- Remove lid add honey and chili flake and stir.
- Once pork is done, slice into strip and serve on top of rice.