I have always wanted to make a flourless chocolate cake and when I finally did I didn’t have enough eggs! I was following this epicurious recipe and made some substitutions that made the cake extra awesome.
This took no time at all to make and it was so good and so moist. Perfect for an easy dessert to bring with you anywhere! CaKe by the Ocean indeed…
- 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Melt chocolate ( you can use a double broiler or the microwave, if you’re using a microwave don’t be an idiot about it. Put it in a microwave safe dish and it it in for 20 second a time removing and stirring each time until smooth)
- Add butter, mix until smooth and shiny. Add in sugar and mix until we’ll blended, add eggs and mix. Add in peanut butter, mix. (You get it right? THere’s a lot of mixing so your batter isn’t chunky and gross)
- Sift cocoa powder in, mix together and pour into a round cake pan, lined with parchment paper.*
NOTE: SIFT IT because if you don’t you’ll get chunks of powdery chocolate in your cake, and nobody has time for that.
- Grind sea salt on top of batter and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Once finished sift cocoa powder and powdered sugar on top and serve!