So I’ve never actually ordered a nicoise salad when I’ve been out, but I always think they look beautiful when they arrive at the table! I’m not a HUGE fish fan so I decided to take on the nicoise salad with chicken and it turned out AMAZING.
This is what I like to call a ‘man’ salad, because it’s so hearty and packed with so much good stuff, it’s enough even for my guy who is the hungriest person in the world.
- 2 cups mixed greens, cleaned and chopped (we used spinach and romaine)
- 4 red potatos
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- cherry tomatos, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp spicy dijon mustard (I use French’s)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hard boil 4 eggs in boiling water, while you are doing this clean and chop your potatoes into small bite size chunks. Once eggs are finished remove from water and boil your potatoes, once soft remove and set aside.
- In a hot frying pan drizzle olive oil and place your chicken breasts to begin to cook, turning to brown on each side (about 4 minutes). Once browned pour over 1/2 cup balsamic and allow to reduce. After about 5 minutes add honey and reduce heat to very low allowing the chicken to cook and absorb the sauce.
- While chicken cooks, chop your tomatoes and peel your hard boiled eggs, slicing them in half once finished.
- Once chicken is finished remove fro sauce and slice into thin strips.
- For dressing, combine leftover balsamic reduction, mustard and 1/4 cup olive oil into a jar, add salt and pepper and shake vigorously until combined.
- Place all ingredients on plate of in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing, add salt, pepper and feta and enjoy!
NOTE* Include green beans if you’d like! Just steam and set aside like you did the potatoes to include in your salad!