This pasta dish was so quick and easy, it made the perfect Friday night dinner and it was SO GOOD. You can add more or less veggies as you like but we like A LOT.
- Whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, bottoms chopped off
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into this strips with mandolin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- eggs (as many as you want fried)
- pesto (I use Classico…and yes I know I could have easily made my own but I didn’t so…get off my case)
- In a large pot pour about an inch of water and bring to a boil, once boiled put asparagus in and put the lid on, let steam for 5 minutes
- In a separate pot bring water to a boil and cook whole wheat pasta
- Once asparagus are tender, add in onions and tomatoes and continue to cook on low heat for 2 minutes, then add zucchini
- Spoon pesto into veggie mixture and mix together, once pasta is done drain and add to veg mixture (I like to add a little olive oil at this point)
- Continue to cook on low heat
- In a small mixing bottle, or measuring cup mix 2 parts sriracha to 1 part water (we just used about 2 tbsp sriracha and 1 water)
- Ready your frying pan for a fried egg, once the egg is cracked drizzle sriracha mixture onto the egg, flip once to keep the egg runny
- Place pasta in bowl and top with the egg, split the yolk and enjoy!!