OMG I love jalapeño poppers. Last weekend we put a little twist on ours and they turned out GREAT.
- jalapeños (as many as you’re making)
- regular cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- bacon, cooked and cut into small strips
- spring roll wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 425, and wash your peppers.
- Half your jalapeños and remove seeds (leave some seeds in if you like them spicy but remember that a few go a long way)
NOTE: PRACTICE HOT PEPPER SAFETY. What I mean by this, is don’t be an idiot and slice and de-seed all of your peppers and then rub your eyes, or your nose or anything. Wash the fuck our of your hands or wear gloves.
- Once halved, place springroll wrapper in front of you as a diamond (it’s a square so…turn it), spread cream cheese (about 1 tbsp) on wrapper.
- Next place jalapeño on top, fill with two pieces of mozzarella and add a strip of bacon.
- Wrap the roll by wrapping the bottom point up and over the pepper, then wrap the side points in towards each other.
- Using your fingertip dab warm water on the remaining top point and then tightly roll the pepper upwards, completing the roll. Continue until all of your peps are done!
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and cook for 20 minutes, flipping once half way through.
NOTE: You can fray these, or brush with oil before you bake them in you want for a more golden brown colour, however it’s an unnecessary step as with nothing on them they’re still crunchy and delicious.