This Jerk Chicken soup is UNREAL and it’s the perfect, colourful way to spice up a freezing winter night.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- jerk chicken rub (I love Grace in mild or hot)
- 3 peppers, chopped (I like to use a mix of colours!)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa (or 2 diced tomatos)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups pasta
- Rub seasoning all over chicken and allow to marinate for a couple of hours. When ready to cook, cook chicken breast in a hot pot with some PAM (I use the coconut oil spray) and cook 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove from pot and cut into small pieces.
- Add chicken broth to already hot pan and bring it to a boil. After it’s boiled reduce to a simmer and add the salsa (or tomato), peppers, black beans and jalapeños.
- Continue to cook on simmer for about 10 minutes. I like to add in some pepper at this point as well. After 10 minutes ad one 400 mL can of coconut milk and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes and add chicken.
- If at this point you’d like to thicken your soup, just use 2 tsp of cornstarch with some warm water in a measuring cup, stir together and then add to soup to thicken, stirring constantly until the texture has changed.
- Once thickened add noodles and serve!