For the big Day 12 Finale, I wanted to do something completely different so, breakfast falafels it is! We love eating falafel for dinner but they actually make a great breakfast and a delicious combo with the egg.
It’s not hard to make, and it is awesome for any vegetarian friends.
- 2 cups chickpeas (you can make fresh or use canned)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1tbsp 2tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/4small white onion, finely diced
- 1tsp salt
- Naan bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take cooked chick peas and put into a medium sized mixing bowl (the flatter the bottom of the bowl the better)
- Add garlic, onion, paprika and salt and mash with a potato masher. (I like to mash until most of the chickpeas are completely broken down but there are still a few chunks.
- Use hands to form into balls and place on a greased cookie tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once at ten minutes*
NOTE* These are super delicate so be careful when you turn them!
- Perfectly poach 2 eggs (read how to do that here!) and place into a bowl of warm water once done (this is just so they stop cooking and you can put them down while you finish everything!)
- With about 2 minutes left place your naan in the oven to crisp up a bit, once done rip into small pieces, place eggs on top and crumble the falafel on top. Serve with a bit of hummus and sprinkled feta and enjoy!