Lots of people wake up on Christmas morning and get bundled up and into a car to go and spend time with their families. With that being said I decided a portable Christmas morning breakfast was in order.
This granola is really delicious, without being too sweet. This will make granola for 4, double the recipe if making for more, or hoping to keep some on hand.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (make sure you don’t buy sweetened!!)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tsp margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Vanilla greek yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl mix oats, coconut and almonds set aside.
- In a small bowl melt margarine, once melted stir in honey and salt and mix together until well combined.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and mix together well. (if your mixture is still a bit dry squeeze in a little extra honey and mix well)
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- Take out and stir every 5 minutes for 15-18 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Layer with yogurt and berries in a mason jar for an easily portable breakfast.*
NOTE* If you’re making this the night before put the granola on top of everything in your jar so it doesn’t get too soggy.