I hate to say it only half way through, but this might be the recipe for Christmas morning. It was SO good and doesn’t require too much cooking, it’s really just all about having the right ingredients!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can swap some stuff out, for example you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like. And you can swap out the protein, I used bacon but you could use chorizo, breakfast sausage or ham!
- Tostadas (I used Charras)
- Avocado, sliced
- Chunky Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Pickled jalepenos, diced
- Frech tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil and place 4-6 pieces of bacon (depending on how many people you’re cooking for). Cook for about 12 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Fry an egg (we like them over easy)
- Place two tostadas on your plate and sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Place fried egg on top and add a spoonful of salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle diced tomatoes and jalapeños overtop.
- Cut bacon into smallish pieces and sprinkle over top.
- Finish by adding 3 slices of avocado and more cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.