Rule #1 good food does not have to be fancy. Rule #2 sometimes you want to spend more time chill in with the fan, than making a big fancy breakfast, enter pemeal bacon on a bun.
If you’ve ever been to the St. Lawrence Market and NOT gotten a pemeal bacon on a bun you lose. But the good thing is that if you follow this recipe it’s ALMOST like the real thing!!
- Pemeal bacon
- Regular hamburger buns
- French’s Bold n Spicy Dijon mustard
- Regular hamburger bun
- Slice the pemeal bacon about 1/2 cm thick. (You can slice it as thick or thin as you want but, I find this works best.)
- Spray a hot frying pan with coconut oil and place the pemeal in the pan. Fry each side until golden brown and then remove from pan.
- Place buns, inside down, in the hot pan until soft
- Pile bacon on buns and add mustard. I like to use French’s Bold and Spicy Dijon