If you’ve read any other posts you already know that I like eggs. Add cheese and bread in the mix and we’re pretty much game over. This recipe is perfect for Christmas morning for big groups because you can make a bunch at the same time and serve everyone together so it’s hot and delicious for everyone.
This recipe is super straight forward and easy which means there is not a lot of fuss on the big day, and if you have little ones they can even help!
- bread (as many slices as you’re making)
- eggs (ditto)
- swiss and old cheddar cheese (grated together)
- chili flakes
- salt + pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Take the back of a spoon and gently press down the bread, making a little dip where your egg will live.
- Sprinkle grated cheese around the outside and then crack your egg into the dip.
- Add additional cheese, salt and pepper and chill flakes and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. (this is for a runny yolk, if you don’t like runny yolks….something if for sure wrong with you. But you can just cook the egg a bit longer and it will be solid…but the breakfast will be a bit taste-less…like your soul.
- Take out and serve to family and friends 🙂