Fall means comfort food, and for me most of the time comfort food means pasta. In an effort not to each all carbs all the time I replaced lasagna noodles with eggplant and zucchini and it was delish. The most important part of this recipe is to cut your veggies early and let them dry out a bit, otherwise your dish will be much more watery than you’d like.
It’s simple and once you have picked up all of the ingredients it comes together pretty quick! Enjoy!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jar of pre made pasta sauce
- 1 container light ricotta
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1 bag Kraft 4 cheese italiano shredded cheese
- Slice your eggplant and zucchini. You can slice them length wise or cut them into thin circles, whichever you prefer. I find circles easier.
- Set your cut veggies aside to dry out a bit
- In a pan, brown ground meat of your choice add in onions and garlic and cook together with the meat. Add pasta sauce. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Start layering in a large baking dish. Vegetables on the bottom, meat sauce, spinach, shredded cheese and ricotta and continue until you have filled the pan. Sprinkle chess on top and bake for 45 minutes at 375.