Umm…this recipe is to die for. This corn salad was SO good and easier than I thought it would be. This is for sure a new staple in our house and accompanied my chimichangas perfectly.
- 5 cobs of corn, shucked
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper (remove seeds)
- green or red onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- feta cheese
- 1/2 a lime
- Pour vegetable oil in a skillet and heat it up, place corn in pan rotating every 2 minutes or so until it is grilled. I like to cover the pan with tinfoil in between turns just to help the corn cook a bit faster and limit oil splashing!)
- While your corn cooks dice peppers and onions and put in large bowl. Core and cut your avocados and put in bowl.
- Once your corn is cooked properly (see photo above) remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes until it is cool enough to touch. Stand corn on either end and shave off kernels.
- Add corn into the bowl, squeeze 1/2 lime over mixture, add in mayonnaise and cayenne and mix everything together.
- Crumble feta over top (i used a lot – it’s really good) and serve.
Want to serve these with Chimichangas like I did? Check out the recipe here