If you’ve been keeping up you know I love Mexican food…and this is a quick easy recipe that turned out great. Perfect for a weeknight if you have a few things made in advance and definitely good if you’re having people over for a few drinks as well.
They turned out to be these perfect little pockets that we really good and easy to eat. Serve it will this grilled corn salad for a meal that is sure to impress.
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime
- 6-10 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Salsa Chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- old cheddar cheese
- large flour tortillas
- chipotle Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In bowl add avocado, lime, diced garlic and tomatoes and mash together (you guessed it…you’re making guar.) and set aside
- Place your tortilla on the counter and add refried beans, smoothing it out.
- Add guacamole on top of beans
- Add Salsa Chicken and top with Tabasco sauce (if you like it spicy) and finish with a few slices of cheddar
- Fold tortilla into a pocket* and place on baking sheet, and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
*A note on folding tortillas. For some reason my boyfriend cannot do this but because I was once a sandwich artist I know what’s up. Fold the ‘ends’ (what will be the bottom and top)in onto your filling. Next fold one side up, and tap the bottom to make all of the filling fall into the pocket you’ve created. Next use your hands to keep the filling in place and roll closing the tortilla. VOILA. Wrap-wrapping for dummies complete.