If you’re anything like me you probably don’t bother much with dinner on Friday nights, instead after your long ass commute home you snuggle up with a cold one…and maybe your significant other if yours is as cute as mine.
That usually means that ‘dinner’ on Fridays typically consists of whatever is in the fridge and varies from PB&J to grilled cheese depending on just how many cold ones have been consumed.
Last weekend that meant tomato, bacon grilled cheeses…also known as YUM.
It’s a grilled cheese so…you know the drill. But if for some reason you DO NOT know the drill, you should not miss out on the experience just because your mom never taught you how to make the one thing you should know before you leave the house.
- Preheat your over to 425 – cut your bacon strips in half and place on a tin foil covered baking sheet. Place in the oven for 12 minutes (keep a close eye on it guys…if your oven is hotter than mine it will take less time.)
- Slice up your tomato and your cheese. I used marble here but a sharp cheddar would be BOSS on this. (also expensive…if you do it right.)
- Butter your bread and place it in a hot frying pan, butter side down.
- Layer a few slices of cheese, then your tomatoes (add pepper to your tomatoes if you want!), then a slice of cheese, then the bacon, and then a final slice of cheese. (you can put as much or as little cheese in between layers – this is just so it all melts and sticks together!)
- Place your other buttered piece of bread butter side up, flip when ready.
*the title to this post is misleading…I usually tap out around 10:30PM on Fridays…I do get up at 6 after all!