I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD.
On a rainy Sunday evening we decided to make some awesome burittos. Check out the recipe below for pinto beans, sweet corn rice and of course chicken and peppers.
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 onion minced
- 2 vine tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- place pinto beans, onion and tomato in pot on medium heat to simmer together cook for 10 minutes with lid on.
- Remove lid and add brown sugar to taste. Beans should be slightly savoury and slightly sweet but not too much.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
SWEET CORN RICE
- long grain rice (follow directions for rice)
- 1 tbsp smoked chipotle pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 can of sweet corn
- Cook rice according to package directions, once cooked add the smoked chipotle and chili flakes and sweet corn.
- Stir together, cover and remove from heat.
CHICKEN AND PEPPERS
This is pretty standard guys, chop up your bell peppers and your chicken and cook it up in a pan. You can use a pre-made taco seasoning if you like but it’s SUPER easy to make your own seasoning using Chili Powder, Cyan Pepper, Cumin and salt. SO DO THIS.
Add this all together and finish with some sharp cheddar and avocado for an UH-MAZING Buritto.