So I found this recipe while checking out the Oh She Glows cookbook, it looks AMAZING so I decided to give it a try.
I made a few changes with the peanut sauce and switched out the soba noodles for whole wheat spaghetti because it was easier to find.
I think that this recipe would work great with a sweeter teriyaki sauce if you wanted to switch it up. Also, I would lean towards smaller noodles if I wanted to bring this as a pasta salad for a summer bbq.
Overall we loved it, hope you do too!
THAI PEANUT SAUCE //
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp white sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water (if needed)
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together in a blender or with an immersion blender, set aside. (add a bit of water if it’s too thick)
NOODLE BOWL //
- 1 package frozen edemame (500g) (thawed, and taken out of pods)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and julienne)
- 1/2 cucumber quartered and sliced
- Recipe calls for soba noodles but I used whole wheat pasta(I used spaghetti for this recipe but you could use whatever)
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
Instructions: Place all vegetables in the bowl, cook pasta until soft and mix in with vegetables. Pour dressing over top and toss, let cool. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
It’s so good! What did you think?
ps. Don’t look at me like that…on Friday night we had pizza from a box and it was the bomb.